Monday, August 4, 2008

Playtime with Logan



So I joined a gym today but it's not just any gym. It's the cadillac of gyms. It's called life center plus and it's in Hudson, but its the closest thing around. We belonged to Macedonia rec center for the past year, and there was no babysitting for Logan's age group so it made working out rather difficult. So this one gives me two hours to do a workout (which is more than enough time), then I can take Logan to the pool with me. For the next month and a half the outdoor pool is still open. They have everything I want including classes for me and Logan like mommy and me swim lessons and mommy and me yoga, and baby massage, etc, etc, etc. I was getting bored in the house and needed something to do on my days off. This should work out perfectly.
Logan has really started to enjoy his johnny jumper and his excersaucer. He jumps for hours at a time. Tonight Mark and I were able to prepare an entire meal while he jumped around. He loves it.

The other thing Logan loves is putting things in his mouth. He is really exploring his world. He eats like a pig and this shirt that he's in in this picture is now a belly shirt, because his tummy is getting so round. My lactation consultant tells me that's good because when he starts crawling he'll get nice and thin and have plenty of energy to burn off. Hopefully she's right.





Logan is starting to be more alert every day. He's grabbing at things and really working on that pincher grasp. He sits up in the bathtub(I will post more on baths later, they have turned into more of a playtime), and is really starting to work on sitting up. He sits for about a minute before he kicks his legs and ends up falling back if nothing is supporting him from behind. If the boppy or something else is there, he usually does just fine.



This was a cute elmo outfit that some friends of ours gave him. It was adorable. I especially love the little baseball cap. He looks so adorable in it. He didn't even mess with it either. The only thing is it kept falling off when he'd go to give you kisses or put something in his mouth and he'd bump it. Still cute though. Little boys clothes are very adorable at this age. Anyway, I hope all is going well, I'm not sure how many people are actually reading my blog, so if you are, shoot me a line, otherwise I'm going to have to do some "readvertising." Take care of yourselves :)




2 comments:

Allison said...

Melisa, I read your blog! Oh, this post brought back memories. I haven't thought about LifeCenter Plus in years. I wish that I lived there...I would go with you all the time.

Unknown said...

I check your blog whenever I think of it. That kid is cute. -Bo-