Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pig Roast and Mark's birthday

Okay, so our camera skills are lacking for this post, but it's information that belongs in a family blog. So yesterday we held our annual pig roast and bonfire. We had an excellent turnout with TONS of food as always. People are always so generous when it comes to doing the "pot luck" format that we do for it. We had some of the best pasta salads ever, and apparently the cheesy potatoes from Mark's brother Steve were a hit because they were gone before I got to them.

It also happened to be Mark and Jeff's birthday so we had a cake and all sang happy birthday to him around nine pm. It turned out really nice. I went to sleep around 1am and there were still people here. Mark came to bed around 2:30 or 3. Cleanup wasn't too bad this am either. People helped out a lot last night and made everything really easy for today. Our back garage is full of chairs and table and lots of other stuff, but overall, it was a great night.

Now, the biggere issue, since we went to Niagara falls with Logan, he absolutely refuses to go to sleep on his own. It's torturous. We do his regular bedtime routine, and put him in bed and he screams bloody murder for a long time. After about 30-45 minutes we've been picking him up. Occasionally we're able to get him back down, but twice now he's refused and we've given up around 1 or 2 am and let him sleep with us. This is a cry for help. Anyone with parenting advice please let me know what you think. What is going on with my baby?

Also, gym daycre. I join this really nice gym and Logan screams the whole time I'm gone at daycare? I'm thinking this is stranger anxiety but I'm not 100% on this one.

I kind of want to be done breastfeeding too, but Logan is so attached to it especially before bedtime. GRRRRRR!

Overall, this parenting thing is hard. But we're surviving.

I will get some pictures that my dad took from our little event up shortly.

1 comment:

The Riggs Family said...

We only have 5 more months of breastfeeding left...we can do it! Have you tried letting Logan fall asleep with you guys and then moving him to his crib? Or maybe start out just moving him to a pack-n-play in your room and then to the crib? That's what a friend of ours did. As for the gym daycare, I'd say it's most definitely stranger anxiety. Cate recognizes strangers too...sometimes she screams, sometimes she's okay...I think it depends on how tired she is. Sorry we couldn't make it up for the pig roast...I started school last week so I spent a lot of the weekend napping.