Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sleep, Sleep

So I must do a blog on sleeping. Logan has been a horrible sleeper from day one. I have followed everything they have said, with bedtime routine, blah, blah, blah. He has gotten better at night time, he goes down around 730 or 8pm, but still continues to wake up once (at no specific time) eats, and goes back to sleep for the remainder of the night, USUALLY! Some nights, he wakes up twice or even three times which is a killer. I really don't mind when he wakes up just before I go to bed, because my hopes is that he's going to sleep longer if I feed him right before I go to sleep. He does not nap either unless he's latched on nursing. I have had a few times when I've snuck a pacifier in while we're taking a nap together and he's slept for a few extra minutes. He is never in a bad mood or anything though, he just only needs his few cat naps throughout the afternoon. Normally, i'd be really upset that he wasn't technically "sleeping through the night" but I have friends who are waking up to pump in the middle of the night, so I'd much rather be waking up to feed, rather than pump! Anyway, I am just worried that he is never going to sleep through the night. Advice is definately needed here if anyone has any suggestions. Here is a picture of my little angel sleeping on GOBA, in the tent, on the air matress. This only lasted for about 5 minutes until he realized no one was there with him. This was also at about 530 in the morning, after going to bed pretty late, so he was probably still pretty tired.





I dont want to hear from anyone telling me babies aren't suppose to sleep on air matresses. ya ya, I know...... But I was very careful and we had a bed for him but it got down into the 30's this night, so he had no choice but to sleep with me for warmth sake. Sorry all you "no co-sleeping" people. The best he ever slept was on GOBA.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Riggs Family said...

He looks so peaceful! Cate actually woke up last night to eat...which she hasn't done in awhile. I think maybe she had a little nightmare though, because she woke up and looked absolutely terrified. On the brightside, I didn't need to pump at 5am (though I generally don't mind doing that now since I'll have to once school starts anyway). I got nothin' much to offer in the way of advice though. Cate is usually a good napper too (with napping strikes every now and then). We put her down with a pacifier in her mouth and one in each hand (so she can't pull the one in her mouth out) and that seems to have worked for most of the last month or so. Great seeing you yesterday! Thanks for inviting us along!