Thursday, July 24, 2008

Initial Blog



Hi everyone, I have decided to start a blog to keep everyone updated on our lives. Just to introduce ourselves, we are the Vojtko family. My husband Mark, Me (Melisa), And my 6 mo old son Logan.
Rather than update you on our past lives, I'm just going to start fresh. So here it goes.
Yesterday Logan went for his 6 mo visit. He did so well. He is 27 and 3/4 in and weighs 19lbs 3.9oz. Holy cow right? He's so big. I can't believe that six months has traveled by so fast. He had to get 3 shots yesterday and he didn't even cry. That's mamma's boy. Being tough for the both of us. Being a peds ER nurse you'd think I'd do better with my son getting shots and stuff since I give them on a regular basis, but it's much different when it's your little one lying there :) Anyway, doctor is happy with how everything is going. He told me I should be feeding him solids 3 x / day. Since I'm still nursing I have to nurse, then feed. What a pain. So I tried today. He was so full after the first feeding, I didn't do the second solid food feeding and he did just fine. I think we're going to be doing just two solid feedings at this point.
After his shots, we went to mom's support group, then to great-grandma's and then came home. He was so pleasant, but I could tell was starting to get tired. So then we came home, he went to bed around 9pm and didn't wake up until 7. Works for me. He usually still wakes up once in the middle of the night to eat.
Tonight we put him to bed closer to 9 again, hopefully he sleeps the same again. I think we may have been putting him to bed a little early. We'll see.
Anyway, that's all for now. I will do my best to keep this thing updated.

1 comment:

Jessica, RN said...

Hi there :) I hope you update your blog more than I do mine! Maybe by me reading your's, it will inspire me to update on a more regular basis.